- When you find a group you want to join, click
the groupís name, and its page displays.
- Click the Join
This Group! button in the upper-right corner
of the groupís page. (Alternatively, you can click
the Join This Group!
link beneath the groupís picture to go directly to
the Preferences page described in Step 4, below.)
- If youíre not already signed in to your Yahoo! account, enter your Yahoo! ID and password in the Sign In to Yahoo! box that appears. If you donít have a Yahoo! account, you can create one by clicking Sign Up at the top of the page.
- On the Join This Group page that appears, set
your membership preferences:
- The public profile you want displayed to the group
- The email address at which you'd like to receive group messages
- How you want group messages delivered
- The display format for email messages you receive
- Click Join
in the lower-right corner of the page.
Respond to an invitation to join
If you receive an email invitation to join a group that youíd like to join, click Join this group!.
On the page that appears describing the group, click Join the group. If you prefer to simply receive emails from the group, click join the mailing list instead (or follow the instructions in the next section).
Subscribe to a groupís mailing list only
If youíre not sure you want to join a particular group, you can try it out by signing up just to receive email messages from the group. However, when youíre only on the mailing list, you canít access the group's web features (photos, files, links, polls, and calendar).
To subscribe to a group's mailing list via email:
- Send a blank email to email@example.com, making sure to replace groupname with the actual name of the group (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To activate your subscription, just reply to the confirmation message you receive from the group.